- Are you a CCS Graduate wanting to refresh their skills and confidence?
- Are you considering expanding your skills to include Career Coaching and would like a way to test whether further training is right for you?
- Are you a Coach or Mentor wanting develop their expertise in using Career Tools?
Benefits of attending the session
- Know about a career coaching framework and be clearer on how to incorporate career issues into coaching conversations.
- Practice the skills of career coaching
- Receive coaching pointers from trained and experienced career coaches
- Understand the practical application of the tools to support career conversations
- Benefit from the chance to practice as coach and coachee using the tool in a pair
- Receive an editable PDF copy of the tools (to share with individuals you are supporting)
- Gain from ongoing access to recorded demonstrations of CCS using the tools
Content covered during the session
Tutor-led discussion on setting the purpose and expectations of a career conversation
Exploring Career: Using a Career Management tool
This session will introduce you to the When I’m at my Best tool which requires the ability to draw out an individual’s narrative regarding a significant time when they were ‘in the zone/flow’. The session divides into storytelling and analysis of the story to produce a valid and reliable list of the key strengths and skills as well as conditions for the individual to thrive.
Clarifying: Using a Career Decision-Making Tool
The Job Satisfiers tool requires focused and challenging questioning to produce a strong and resonant list of the intrinsic elements of job satisfaction for an individual. This can be invaluable in helping an individual to think about their next role, project or opportunity as well as prepare for development discussions and potential internal/external interviews.
Creating a Career Vision
This is the chance to work with a Career Visioning exercise that encourages participants to reflect on their career as a narrative and to construct the elements of the next ‘chapter’ based on their strengths and what they would like to be using more of in a future role and opportunity.
Moving to goals and action
Finally, we focus on the importance of helping others to think about sustainable ways to take action steps and maintain motivation towards goals. Using a goal grid structure, we will demonstrate the importance of breaking down actions into measurable and attractive steps to which individuals are more likely to be committed.
Follow up Coaching discussion
Following the training day, all participants will benefit from a one-to-one coaching meeting with one of the Course Tutors
Next Course Dates
£475 plus VAT
The session will be run on Zoom from 9am to 5pm.