Using techniques to unblock clients
Next workshop: Date TBC – Cost: £140 + VAT
Learn some practical ideas, techniques and interventions for helping to manage coachees who are blocked. This can include coachees who:
- are taking longer than they would like to get a new job
- may be experiencing ‘Imposter syndrome’
- ‘resist’ the career coaching process ( ie late for, or miss meetings, don’t complete tasks agreed
- you find challenging for a range of reasons
- feel overwhelmed by the enormity of the actions they need to take.
Drawing from our experience, and from Coaching theories, this workshop will equip you to be more confident to respond to ‘stuckness’, your own and that of your clients.
Activities will include:
- Description and discussion of some useful unblocking techniques and approaches
- Live demonstration with a workshop participant
- Pairs practice (as coach and coachee) with tutor guided feedback.
Feedback from recent participants
- “I have my natural way of doing things – things I instinctively use. This was helpful as it made me think differently.”
- “I got a lot out of this short course; specifically, how to challenge assumptions.”
- “The practise session was especially good.”
- “Really liked the free writing and chair techniques.”
- “Lots of really useful tools.”
- “Made me test my negative assumptions” (practice session)
- “I will apply the power of simple questions”
- “Really helped to see the live demo to observe the nuances of the pro leading the discussion”