14th March 2024
Owing to the great success of transferring our established and new courses online, we are delighted to offer this invaluable training to CCS graduates or trained coaches.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, many people have been experiencing challenging working and living situations which can leave them feeling lost and disorientated. Some are questioning ‘what do I want from my work?’, others may be experiencing precarious working conditions. Many will be considering how they can make their work and life more meaningful and sustainable within this ‘new normal’.
Re-establishing our why in our work and life can provide a point of reference for what motivates and gives us fulfilment. Undertaking such fundamental work with our clients can help to overcome some of the presenting barriers – for example limited self-worth, time and necessary skills – and provide a personal break through. Now is a perfect time to work with our clients to establish their purpose and to find meaningful, sustainable ways of working and living.
What is the value of attending the CCS Finding Your Purpose Masterclass?
At the end of the Masterclass, you will leave the day:
- Understanding a practical method for finding and crystallising true purpose for your clients
- Being adept at drawing upon a 27-page Finding Your Purpose workbook when working with clients
- Knowing how to integrate and adapt this method to your work with different individual clients and groups
- Gaining a deeper understanding of your own authentic self for sustained personal growth
Some scenarios where Finding Your Why can be applied:
Coachees who are:
- during their mid-life (40-60 years old) and unsure about their next career/life steps
- facing redundancy, feeling lost and unclear how to find work that is meaningful
- in work and feeling dis-satisfied and unfulfilled, thinking ‘Is this it?’
- burnt out and questioning ‘How can I sustain work for the years ahead?’
- at the beginning of their career, feeling unsure of how to enter the world of work
Who can attend Finding Your Why Masterclass?
- Individuals who are interested both in learning more about the topic for themselves, and in integrating it within their own work and business who are either a:
- Graduate of the CCS Core Skills Accredited Career Coach training
- Career coach or coach or
- HR and Learning and Development professional with coaching experience
What does the Finding your Purpose Workbook consist of?
- A comprehensive 27-page work book to walk you through, step-by-step, the Finding Your Purpose approach. This will support you to help your clients to find purpose and meaning in their work and life. This includes both guidance notes for you as the coach, examples of each step and worksheets to use directly in your work with clients, including:
- Why the time is right now for us to work in this area
- Benefits to us and clients of this work
- What we mean by our true authentic self
- Overview of Finding Your Purpose approach
- Details of the five steps of the Finding Your Purpose approach
- Honing your purpose
- Living with purpose sustainably
- Sign-posting to a range of literature and online resources
Fees and date
The next Finding Your Purpose Masterclass (online) is due to be held on 14th March, 2024 0900-1715 (London time).
The fee is £320 + VAT
Early-Bird Rate: £290+VAT for registrations by 15th February and payment by 22nd February, 2024.
- the training day
- a 27-page Finding Your Purpose Work Book, comprising guidance notes, worksheets and resources to use when working with clients
- the training day slide pack
To apply, please request an Application form.
Dr Cathy Brown, Evolve
Cathy is a Chartered Occupational Psychologist who runs her own organisational development consultancy (www.evolve.eu.com) where she works with individuals, teams and business to manage transitions and change. As a CCS alumni, Cathy has collaborated with CCS over the past fifteen years.
Within her areas of expertise, she writes books (under the brand Testing the Water®), articles, speaks at conferences and is a guest lecturer on Masters courses at several universities. More latterly, she has been awarded a PhD within field of career mobility. In addition, Cathy helps to give challenged individuals a helping hand through life transitions (www.evolvetransitiontrust.org).
Gilly Freedman, CCS
With a training, psychology, counselling and business background, Gilly has worked as a career coach and trainer with CCS since 1994. As well as working with a huge range of clients over the last twenty years, Gilly specialises in career coaching for Doctors and women returners. She has trained hundreds of HR professionals and others in career coaching skills. Gilly is a qualified coach supervisor and supervises the work of career coaches.
Gilly worked on the successful CCS bid and won a National Training Award for career coaching skills training for the BBC. She is the author of the CCS Networking Companion and co-author (with Rob Nathan) of the CCS Job Search Guide.
Client feedback from previous Masterclasses
“It was to the point, light and pleasant, yet practical and with enough content.”
“I was able to create my own why, how, what and I found the materials very well written and informative.”
“It was really good, at the end I created my own WHY, HOW, WHEN.”
“I have seen and admired Cathy’s work in practice a few times, so my expectations were high when I enrolled to her “Finding My Purpose” masterclass. I was not disappointed! Cathy managed to combine deep knowledge of the subject with amazing elegance of delivery – something that I rarely come across, so we all learnt a lot in just a day, but felt energised after hours of work and hungry for more. The other beautiful mix that characterises Cathy’s work – deep insights and reflection are intertwined with really practical tools: I was able to surface my core values, spark some new thoughts, but also learn what to do in clients’ session and practice to gain confidence. So thanks to Cathy’s Masterclass I reconnected with My Purpose and am now looking forward to help my clients to work on theirs.”
Please complete the application form to register for the 14th March, 2024.